Crerar Hotel Group proposed sale is halted; buyer unable to complete.
20th October 2017
Privately owned Crerar Hotel Group Ltd, a hospitality company of wholly owner-operated hotels under the brand of Crerar Hotels (EST 2006) and easybreaks.com, advise that their talks for a planned sale to Thai backed FICO Castle have ended following FICO Castle’s failure to deliver to contract.
A spokesman for Crerar said, “Following a period of extended reflection we can confirm that we are no longer continuing discussions (for the sale of Crerar Hotels or easy-breaks.com) with the Thai backed FICO Castle or their operating management company Jupiter Hotels.” In addition to this, they explain, “Plans are being finalised to make substantial investments throughout our portfolio of hotels to solidify our already strong reputation and enhance our trading opportunities with the developing international market.”
Crerar Hotel Group hotels include;
- Ben Wyvis Hotel, Strathpeffer
- Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, Otley
- The Craiglynne Hotel, Grantown-on-Spey
- Deeside Inn, Ballater
- Eight Acres Hotel & Leisure Club, Elgin
- The Glencoe Inn & Gathering, Glencoe
- Golf View Hotel & Spa, Nairn
- GoGlasgow Urban Hotel, Glasgow
- Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, Craignure
- Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa, Inveraray
- Oban Bay Hotel, Oban
- Scotland’s Hotel & Leisure Club, Pitlochry
- Thainstone House, Inverurie
Total bedroom count 853
Including www.easy-breaks.com, Crerar Hotel Group Ltd employ circa 590 people, a large proportion of which are seasonal or flexible workers.
(Crerar Hotel Group Senior Leadership Team: Paddy Crerar CEO, Nigel Dearnley FD, Stacey Fleming S&M, Linda Watson Ops, Karen McGovern (Finance), Michelle Robertson HR & Admin and Donald Henderson GM easy-breaks.com)
Net turnover for Crerar Hotel Group Ltd in 2017/18 is forecasted to top circa. £30,000,000
No employee or director is authorised to make any press comment other than:
Press contact number: 0131 561 1203